Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Closeup of a Three-Year-Old

My baby turned three this month. I can't believe the changes this last year has brought; my boy is dressing/undressing himself (and gets quite miffed when we try to assist!), speaking like a school age child, using the toilet for its intended purpose regularly (accidents happen, of course), and expressing his ideas, interests, and opinions as an individual. There are more accomplishments and milestones, obviously, but these seem to be the defining moments each day in which I look at this child and wonder,
"Where did my baby go?"



This boy loves broccoli.



He gets frustrated with his mama's photo sessions.



He has ridiculously long eyelashes.



He is fun. And hilariously funny.



So silly.

And when we cuddle - whether we're reading books,
watching cartoons, or having a quiet moment -
he leans in for a hug,
and tells us with absolute certainty,
"I love you so much."

Oh Avery...
I love you so much.




No comments: